It’s been several weeks now that we’ve been stuck in this “contingency.” I think I may be getting used to it, if that’s possible.
The streets here have been pretty empty. We’ve taken some photos to demonstrate some of the differences between “before” and “now.” Parking is definitely not an issue these days.
The dogs seem to be handling things well. Of course, they don’t know there’s anything different, except, perhaps that they get out more.
Took them downtown the other day and snapped some photos while Lyn was in the store. They always look so happy when we’re out and about. They also attract attention. People often want to pet them. Sophie is good with it. Izzy is a bit paranoid.
It was interesting to see the main plazas taped off so people can’t congregate there. Even so, there are lines around the block for the ATMs at the banks. Seems a little counter productive, no?
Things I’m doing
- I’m taking a creative writing course with Margaret Atwood through Masterclass. Loving that! Trying to pace myself so I don’t go through it too fast. If you’re interested, Masterclass is having a super special — $180 for two people to get all-access — that means to EVERYTHING. I’m loving it.
- With my new inspiration, I started working on my novel again. Maybe I’ll get it done this year. Would you believe I started this one more than 20 years ago?
- I’m blogging more often.
- I’m cooking more. Gotta use up the fresh stuff so it doesn’t go bad.
- I’m exploring new teaching technologies. Gotta keep up or get left behind!
- Drinking a lot more wine, but, hey, that’s what it’s for!
- Eating more potato chips and Oreos, a lot more.
What I’m not doing
- Eating particularly well. I haven’t really changed much in my diet. I could be better about fruits and veggies. Lyn bought asparagus yesterday. It’s a start.
- Sleeping well. I’m staying up way too late, mostly because I can’t fall asleep. But once I do, I can sleep forever. If I didn’t have meetings scheduled before noon, I might sleep all day. Depression? Boredom? Who knows!
What I need to do
- Get back to work! I miss my students! I miss my colleagues! It may be a virtual connection, but at least it’s a connection. And a purpose.
And with that, I’ll close… for now.